Where: Channel "RTL" on USWest
Time: December, Sunday 17th (TBD)
Season 1 Champions
Holy Wheelbarrow Alliance
Holy Wheelbarrow Alliance
Previous league thread: here
What is Rookie TL? Rookie Teamleague is a league aimed for newer to mid-skilled players to get their feet wet in StarCraft: Remastered events. There is an MMR skill cap to prevent stronger players from entering and bashing people around, as well as no prizes other than to have fun with your bros. (Friendship is the sweetest reward anyone can ask for).
What is the format?
- Matches will be played with three 1v1 matches, one 3v3 match, and one 2v2 match in this order (BO1):
- 1v1 ACE
Players who play in 1v1 matches may also partake in 3v3 and 2v2.
The league itself will take place over a 8 week period with randomly assigned match-ups.
1v1 and 2v2 maps will be rotated EVERY WEEK and revealed 7 days before the matches are to be played.
What are the rules?
- Eligibility: - This league has a soft cap of 2,000 MMR. To enter, please supply your (and your team's) main races as well as a link to your main starlog profiles. Due to the abuse of other skill-capped tournaments within the past few months as well as displeasure of allowing stronger players into the first season of RTL, I will be personally vetting entries to ensure the league stands by the rules I've set. If you are above 2,000 MMR but still feel you qualify as a mid-skilled player, please submit yourself anyways as the StarCraft: Remastered system isn't a very accurate display of someone's skill and I do not want a cap to be the final word.
Bottom line: RTL is for newer to mid-range skilled players. "Mid-range" in this context is representative of a player who CANNOT take games off top foreigners, place highly or win individual tournaments, or maintain favorable records in stronger teamleagues such as PATL, SKTL, and BWCL. If you fall into any of the previous categories, this league is not for you.
- Use of Players: - Line-ups are not required before match day and instead are decided on the spot by teams. To ensure no favorable match-up sniping, line-ups may be submitted to admins in the channel who then can relay the info to the teams. Players who participate in 1v1s may also participate in the 2v2 and 3v3 as well as the ace match. A player may not play in both of the 1v1s in set 2 and 3.
- Scheduling: - Teams who do not show up 30 minutes after the expected arrival time automatically lose all their matches for that week. Games may be arranged before the official match time at the discretion of the players.
- Banned Glitches & Bugs: - Allied mines, stacked units, gas walk, shift-queue walking, and cargo glitch. These are the same as ICCup.
- Replays: - There will be casts every week from replays, so all replays must be saved and sent after each week if you are the team on the left (you will understand when match-ups are released). This is to prevent replay text from giving away the team winner in 2v2 and 3v3. Failure to send reps will piss me off.
How do I enter? You may enter with or without a team. As is tradition with the original Rookie Teamleague, you may pick a team name and image to represent your team. This will be used on the wiki when displaying your results, as well as during the weekly cast. If you do not have a team, you may still enter and I will add you to a list in the case that a team wants to pick you up. Before the league starts, all the extra players without teams will be compiled into teams by me and tagged with names/images of my choosing. They will most likely be grotesque and of poor taste so I advise you find a team.
Before You Enter : Please Read
I am looking for:
- 1 Admins for discord and play day littlechava
- Caster(s) [preferably on a weekday]
- A Slave to help me key in results and organize a liquidpedia page entry.
A DISCORD SERVER and WIKI PAGE are in the works and will be finished before the actual league starts.
I will be putting up two polls to gauge public interest for the most suitable time as well as the preferred 3v3 map. Before entering, wait until the time slot has been decided to be sure you can commit yourself to playing in the league.
Poll: What preferred time are you available to play on Sundays?
Poll: What 3v3 map do you prefer?
Poll: Would you like to see Team Melee in this league?